- Westlake Village is a planned community that straddles both the Ventura and LA county lines.
- In 2014, the population was estimated at just under 8,500.
- In 1968 and 1972, approximately two-thirds of Westlake was annexed in two portions by the city of Thousand Oaks. The remaining third was incorporated as the City of Westlake Village in 1981.
- It is said that just about 3,000 years ago, Chumash Indians lived here and were gatherers of grains and acorns and hunters of rabbit and other game.
- In 1770, the first Europeans arrived as explorers and missionaries traveling thru the area. Then in later days, Spanish travelers used what’s now the 101 Freeway as part of El Camino Real.
- Westlake Village is surrounded by vast open space, not only for a beautiful view but also to enjoy for hiking, horseback riding and so much more.
- The climate is typically mild, ranging from the mid 70’s to mid 80’s with a coastal breeze seeping through the canyons.
- Westlake Village is headquarters to many large companies such as Dole Food Company, JAFRA Cosmetics, J.D. Power, K-Swiss and many more.
- Westlake Village is known for its luxury hotels (ie: Four Seasons), a beautiful lake, several golf courses and country clubs as well as plenty of wonderful restaurants and shopping within the city as well as surrounding areas.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.