- Fillmore is a small town in the Santa Clara River Valley within Ventura County’s agricultural area.
- The population as of 2013 was just over 15,000 with an area of 3.4 square miles.
- Fillmore’s motto is “the Last, Best Small Town”.
- Fillmore was incorporated in 1914 and has a historic downtown that was established in 1887 when Southern Pacific built the railroad through the valley.
- The average monthly temperatures are in the low 70’s with a warm-summer Mediterranean climate.
- Farming and agriculture are big aspects of Fillmore’s economy; especially citrus (oranges, lemons) and avocados.
- Fillmore is home to the Fillmore Western Railway Company with great scenic excursions, Bennett’s Honey Farm, a fish hatchery, historical museums and parks, wineries, a theatre, as well as many unique shops and businesses.
- Fillmore Unified School District is home of five elementary schools, one middle school (the first in CA to offer skateboarding in its PE program), and one high school.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.